Thursday, July 23, 2009

He has shown you what is good!

So every year for the past five years a group of churches have gotten together in order to set up a stay at home mission camp to help our community. We separate the campers into five different tracks: the praise track that stays at the church to learn new ways to serve God through new music, the children's track that goes to a daycare to teach kids about God, the adult aid track that goes to the nursing home to fellowship with the elders, the construction track that builds and repairs different things around the community, and the site track that visits different neighborhoods trying to spread God's word. I have been involved for the past two years and both years I joined the praise track. I just finished this years camp today and we all had a blast we learned a lot about who we are in Christ and where we want to be. I specifically learned that rather than me having to go to God on my own in prayer, I have an entire family of Christians to support me, pray for me, and pray with me, and when we all come to him as one we usually get a better response.

No comments:

Post a Comment